The primary goal of the EU hydrogen strategy is to promote the production of green hydrogen. By 2030, electrolysers with a capacity of at least 40 gigawatts are to be installed and 10 million tons of green hydrogen produced. Aqua-Primus is the first Offshorewind-powered Electroylser-Plant. Plants close to the HELWIN Cluster will be erected in the coastal sea off Helgoland, and a connection between the plants is to be laid by pipeline to Helgoland. We present the scope of the project and the technology used.
Explore the possibilities of hydrogen from offshore wind and get an update on the latest technology in preparation for series production and regular commercial operation for the decarbonization of Helgoland.
Details & Programm
Welcome and Introduction BWE
- Dr. Dorothee Baxmann, Senior Project Manager,German Wind Energy Association
AquaPrimus – the starting block towards 1 million tons of Green Hydrogen Offshore
• Frameword conditions and quantum leaps for large-scale hydrogen production at sea
- Jörg Singer, Chairman of the board,AquaVentus Förderverein
AquaPrimus – the technology behind the vision
• Fundamental Design Questions: Decentral Production, Central Production or Onshore Production of Hydrogen
• Innovations around Producing Green Hydrogen from Offshore Wind
- Daniel von HeimendahlHead of Technology Management Offshore,Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy GmbH & Co. KG